call intasure
Do you need contents insurance

Do you need contents insurance for your holiday home?

In this article we’ll be looking at some of the reasons why you may consider adding contents insurance to your holiday home insurance package.

While buildings insurance may cover you for common damage such as storms, flooding, fire or theft, have you ever thought about protecting the things that make your house a home? Valuables such as artworks or carefully selected furniture or even personal possessions are not commonly included in buildings insurance cover yet many holiday home owners underestimate just how important contents insurance is.

Traditionally, things that you may have assumed come under buildings and outbuildings cover such as swimming pools and hot tubs are actually classed as possessions, meaning you’ll need contents insurance to protect them.


If you don’t have contents insurance, don’t worry – a recent report from ABI (Association of British Insurers) revealed than one in four households do not have contents cover. Yet with an average £35,000 of contents in each household – not accounting for luxuries like hot tubs or swimming pools, this could mean that many people are significantly underinsured. Few people understand the full impact of underinsurance with only a third grasping the effect it could have on their claim.

contents insurance

Even if you do have contents insurance, some people fail to adequately estimate the value of their contents, falling short of the correct value. This means that if they do need to make a claim, they may miss out on the true value of their property.

At Intasure, we offer contents insurance for your possessions both while on the property and off site as well as the costs for cleaning and repairing damaged property. We will also provide cover for your garden furniture and even the contents of your freezer. If the damage to your holiday home renders it inhabitable then we’ll provide you with the costs for alternate accommodation while it is made liveable again. Plus, we understand how stressful it can be for something to happen to your holiday home when you are out the country. That’s why should you be away when an incident occurs our contents insurance covers up to £300 of the cost of a return flight for up to two people as well as money towards temporary accommodation so that you can resolve any issues in person*.

*Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see policy wording for full terms and conditions.

**The opinions and views expressed in the above articles are those of the author only and are for guidance purposes only. The authors disclaim any liability for reliance upon those opinions and would encourage readers to rely upon more than one source before making a decision based on the information.


Published by: intasure