Buildings and Contents insurance for your peace of mind

Intasure home insurance offers important protection from a range of risks such as fire, flooding or break-ins for all sorts of homes, all over the UK; from Grade II listed buildings to city apartments to semi-detached properties in the suburbs, terraces and bungalows. Whether you require contents or buildings or both, we are confident we will be able to offer you cover for your needs.

What We Can Cover

Buildings Insurance

  • £1million blanket cover for damage or loss of your home, its permanent fixtures and fittings such as built in kitchens and bathrooms whether it’s occupied or not
  • 24 hour home emergency assistance included as standard so no need to pay extra
  • Alternative accommodation costs of up to £50,000 if you’re not able to live in your home
  • Up to £2,500 in any one event to cover the cost of locating an escape of water or oil from any fixed tanks, apparatus or heating installation within the home
  • Subsidence or heave of the site on which your property stands on
  • Up to £500 to cover the cost of replacing locks to safes, alarms and outside doors in the home following theft or loss of keys
  • Public liability up to £2million

Contents Insurance

  • Up to £70,000 cover for loss or damage to contents in your home & garden, with the option to increase cover
  • Up to £2,500 contents cover in outbuildings
  • The cost of accidental damage to electronic devices like TVs, games consoles and home computers as well as mirrors and glass furniture located within the property
  • Loss of belongings due to theft
  • Up to £2,500 cover for contents whilst at studying at college or university
  • Loss or damage to contents belonging to visitors, up to a maximum of £250 for any one guest
  • Replacement of spoiled food in fridges and freezers up to the value of £500
  • If you are tenant, fixtures and fittings within your rental property

Optional Extras To Cover You For More

Additional Accidental Damage

You can cover yourself for instances of accidental damage that don’t come as a standard part of our home insurance policy. This could be incidents that affect the building and structure of your home and its contents like:

  • Cracked and damaged tiles, work tops or floors if you accidentally drop something heavy
  • Spillages that have spoilt carpets, sofas and other soft furnishings
  • DIY gone wrong like damage caused by drilling through a pipe

Valuables & Personal Belongings (cover away from the home)

When you are away from home, be it for business or pleasure, we can cover your valuables and personal belongings. It doesn’t matter where you are, we’ll cover you for:

  • Accidental loss
  • Damage
  • Theft
  • Loss of money or fraudulent use of credit card(s)

Emergency Property Assistance

Whether you live at your property or rent it out to tenants Emergency Property Assistance is a cost-effective insurance product that will get you immediate assistance to respond to an unforeseen emergency which causes or could cause significant property damage or danger or distress to your family or tenants living at your property. Emergencies that affect residential property can be stressful and sometimes difficult to resolve, but with Emergency Property Assistance you will have peace of mind knowing that we are with you every step of the way, by not only appointing a suitably qualified contractor to attend your property but also meeting the costs associated with this.

Cover is provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for:

  • Call-out charge
  • Labour up to a maximum of 2 hours
  • Parts & materials
  • Alternative Accommodation costs for your family or tenants

The maximum payable per claim is £500.

Emergencies covered are:

  • Breakdown of the main heating system
  • Plumbing and drainage problems
  • Damage to or failure of security at your property, including locks and windows
  • Breakage or failure of the sole toilet unit
  • Loss of the domestic power supply at your property
  • Lost keys
  • Vermin infestation

Key Cover by Keycare

Losing or having your keys stolen is not only inconvenient but the cost to replace them can be very expensive particularly with the increasing use of smart technology such as immobilisers and programmed chips controlling locks.

As an optional extra, you can cover yourself should you misplace your keys:

Keycare Benefits

  • Up to £1,000 per key fob for replacement keys, locks and any locksmith charges
  • Protection for your car keys, house keys and any other keys on the missing fob
  • Covers the cost of reprogramming immobilisers, alarms and opening safes
  • Access to a nationwide network of locksmiths across the UK and Eire
  • Onward transportation and car hire for up to 3 days if vehicle is unusable or you are stranded
  • Covered when overseas including travel in the EU
  • Reward paid to finder of the keys
  • 24 hours, 365 days emergency assistance
  • Doesn’t affect No Claims Bonus on motor or home policies should you need to make a claim
  • Zero excess

For more information about Keycare click here

Pedal Cycles

This insurance extends to cover the cost of repairing or replacing your pedal cycle(s) following:

  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Accidental damage, Anywhere in the United Kingdom, and up to 60 days elsewhere in the world during a temporary visit during the Period of Insurance

Family Legal Protection

For a one-off payment, you can cover yourself and your family in the event of a legal dispute. With access to a 24/7 helpline and claims service from Arc Legal Assistance Ltd, you can discuss legal matters with qualified staff, and be covered up to £50,000 for legal costs related to:

  • Employment - disputes with a former or prospective employer including breach of contract, unfair dismissal, redundancy and discrimination on the grounds of sex, race or disability
  • Contracts - disputes arising out of an agreement or alleged agreement you have entered into
  • Property - disputes relating to your home including boundary
  • Personal injuries - incidents where you hurt yourself like injuries caused by tripping over or falling
  • Tax - help with dealing with a formal aspect or full enquiry into your personal tax affairs
  • Legal defence - cover for work related or motoring prosecutions
  • Identity theft - disputes arising from the unauthorised use of your personal details to commit fraud or other crimes


Get a Quote Now


This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

To view Intital Disclosure document click here

Policy Details

Home insurance
View and download policy documents
Summary - Click here
Wording - Click here

Emergency Assistance
View and download policy documents
Keyfacts - Click here
Wording - Click here